absolutely loving my life

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Thursday, 10 March 2011

Super Easy Pulled BBQ Chicken and Coleslaw

Posted on 19:14 by clark
So very yummy ~ that's the only way I can describe both of these fantastic recipes!  I was looking for slow cooker recipes on the internet when I came across these.  Today, I came home for my lunch break and spent all of twenty minutes in the kitchen preparing this meal.  It was super easy!  I threw al of my ingredients in the crock-pot, turned the crock-pot on and walked away.  I tossed the coleslaw together, covered it up and put it in the fridge.  I did some studying, went back to work and five hours later when I came home from work, my house smelt like I worked really hard in the kitchen ~ but I didn’t!  That’s what I love about the slow cooker!   I didn’t even have to thaw out the chicken; the crock-pot did all the work for me!  I came home warmed up some corn and plated the meal.  I love it when it’s that easy!
Not only was this meal ridiculously easy to throw together, it was also ridiculously inexpensive.  The ingredients these recipes called for are generally things that I keep on hand, so it worked out really well.  Because I only buy chicken when it's on sale, it's always stocked up in my freezer, and every other ingredient was in my house with the exception of cabbage and bread. 
Overall, this recipe scored really high in my house. The chicken was tender and flavorful, and the coleslaw was the perfect blend of tangy and sweet.  Matt LOVED this meal, and he is expecting me to make again very soon.  I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Zesty-Slow-Cooker-Chicken-Barbecue/Detail.aspx

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Aw-some-Cole-Slaw/Reviews.aspx

Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to Facebook
Posted in food | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • DIY No Sew Crib Bumper
    Today I want to share with you how I made no-sew crib bumpers for our twin boy nursery.   Before I begin, I know that bumpers are controvers...
  • 4 Pasta Canisters from Recylcled Target Containers for $4
    As I’ve mentioned in previous blog post, I’ve been attempting to reorganize the pantry. In addition to storage items that I already had, suc...
  • Weekend Getaway - Nashville, TN
    (SOURCE)         We try to take a weekend getaway every year around our anniversary.  This past weekned we did just that:) Desperate for war...
  • My Real Life Love Story Part 4 - Planning the Wedding
    You can read previous posts abot my love story at the following links :  Introduction  ;   Part 1 – How We Met ;   Part 2 – Getting To Kno...
  • Yard Sale Lamp Revamp
    Remember my $5 yard sale lamp from Friday's post ?  Well, check out what a little bit of trim and and a hot glue gun can do! I found t...
  • Letters to my Babies - Week 22
    We are so thankful for this pregnancy! After sharing our journey through infertilty on the blog, I knew I wanted to log our newfound 40 wee...
  • Fish and Corn Chowder and Cod and Shrimp Stoup
    Rachel Ray has some really easy and exceptional recipes to offer.  Here are two of my favorite one-pot-dishes she's created that I love ...
  • My Story of Surviving Twins with Colic - Ten things I'd say to the mom of a colicky baby......
    1) I understand completely, and I feel for you..... Bringing home a newborn can be exhausting for anyone.  Adjusting to sleep deprivation an...
  • Farmer's Market and Quality Time
    I love a great farmer's market!  I love the freshness of the whole experience. Although he farmer's market is better mid to late sum...
  • The First Saturday of the Month at Goodwill
                      It’s the first Saturday of the month, and do you know what that means?   Well, if you ever shop at Goodwill,you know that ...

Categories

  • 29
  • adoption
  • annie sloans chalk paint
  • anniversary
  • apple orchard
  • autumn
  • awards
  • babies
  • baby
  • banner
  • barstool
  • bathroom
  • beads
  • birth
  • birthday
  • blogging
  • book
  • book pages
  • books
  • bookshelf
  • Boston
  • Brown County
  • buttons
  • California Road Trip
  • candles
  • canisters
  • chair
  • chalk board paint
  • chalk paint
  • chalkboard paint
  • chevron
  • christmas
  • cleaners
  • coffee beans
  • Connecticut
  • conner prairie
  • covered bridge festival
  • craft
  • crafts
  • craigslist
  • crib bumper
  • crib skirt
  • curtains
  • cushion
  • date night
  • day trip
  • decoupage
  • desk
  • DIY
  • Dollar Store
  • door knobs
  • dresser
  • elections
  • fabric
  • fall
  • family
  • featured
  • felt
  • floors
  • flowers
  • food
  • front door
  • front porch
  • furniture
  • giveaways
  • going yellow
  • goo gone
  • goodwill good deal
  • great finds
  • green
  • Halloween
  • headless horseman
  • hiking
  • holidays
  • house
  • husband
  • infertility
  • infertily
  • IUI
  • journal
  • Kennebunkport
  • Kent
  • kitchen
  • lamp
  • lamp shade
  • lamps
  • landscaping
  • letters to my babies
  • Maine
  • marriage
  • Martha's Vineyard
  • Massachussetts
  • maternity pictures
  • Memorial Day
  • mod podge
  • monogram
  • movie
  • movies
  • my job
  • my mom
  • napkin
  • Nashville
  • New England Road Trip
  • new year
  • no-sew
  • nursery
  • one month old
  • organization
  • outdoors
  • paint
  • pantry
  • parenting
  • patriotic
  • photos
  • picnic
  • pillow
  • pregnancy
  • project
  • projects
  • pumpkin patch
  • pumpkins
  • random
  • reading
  • red
  • review
  • rope
  • Safe Haven
  • San Francisco
  • scrapbook paper
  • snow
  • spray paint
  • spring
  • stripes
  • summer
  • table
  • Tennessee
  • three months old
  • tiles
  • TP tubes
  • travel
  • Turkey Run State Park
  • turning 30
  • twins
  • two months old
  • upcycled
  • vacation
  • Valentine
  • vote
  • wall decor
  • wall treatment
  • weekend getaway
  • winter
  • wreath
  • yard sale find

Blog Archive

  • ►  2014 (36)
    • ►  July (21)
    • ►  June (3)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (2)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (1)
  • ►  2013 (45)
    • ►  December (3)
    • ►  November (2)
    • ►  October (5)
    • ►  September (1)
    • ►  August (3)
    • ►  July (1)
    • ►  May (3)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (6)
    • ►  January (1)
  • ►  2012 (89)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  October (7)
    • ►  September (3)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (7)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (11)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (9)
  • ▼  2011 (165)
    • ►  December (18)
    • ►  November (11)
    • ►  October (19)
    • ►  September (12)
    • ►  August (20)
    • ►  July (19)
    • ►  June (19)
    • ►  May (17)
    • ►  April (12)
    • ▼  March (10)
      • March 30....Really???
      • Celebrating Two Years of Marriage Bliss
      • Furnishing our Master Bedroom with Craigslist
      • The NCAA Tournament and My Marriage
      • Dear Daylight Saving Time
      • A Cookie Crazed Day
      • Super Easy Pulled BBQ Chicken and Coleslaw
      • Answered Prayer
      • My New Discovery
      • BLT Egg Bake
    • ►  February (8)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

clark
View my complete profile