absolutely loving my life

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Friday, 8 April 2011

Adding Flair To A Boring Lamp Shade

Posted on 15:19 by clark

I love the lamps at Hobby Lobby, but I really love this lamp at Hobby Lobby.


          What I don’t love is the price; there’s no way I’m paying $89.99 for this lamp.  Even with a coupon, I just can’t justify spending that much on a lamp.  Since I knew I wasn’t going to purchase the lamp, I used it as my inspiration for adding a little flair to some existing lamps I had in our bedroom.   I purchased inexpensive flower pins/hair clips to dress up two lamps in our master bedroom.   My finished product doesn’t look nearly as whimsical as the Hobby Lobby lamp, but it was a fraction of the price.  
 There's no need for a tutorial for this project.  All I did was take my trusty hot glue gun, and I glued the flowers to the shade.  Super simple, but it gave me the look I was going for.  The atmosphere that I am trying to create in our master bedroom is vintage/whimsical/romantic, and I think the flowers on the shade help create that feeling.  It didn’t cost very much to dress up my already inexpensive $9.99 Wal-Mart lamps, and I’m pretty happy with the outcome. 
           If the flowers are a bit too much flair for you, there are all sorts of ways to dress up a lamp shade.  Trims, tassels, ribbons, and fabrics are just a few easy ways to change the look of lamp.  Have you added any flair to a boring shade lately?  If you have, please show me some pics of your creativeness and share your flair! :)

BEFORE

AFTER



Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to Facebook
Posted in great finds, projects | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • DIY No Sew Crib Bumper
    Today I want to share with you how I made no-sew crib bumpers for our twin boy nursery.   Before I begin, I know that bumpers are controvers...
  • 4 Pasta Canisters from Recylcled Target Containers for $4
    As I’ve mentioned in previous blog post, I’ve been attempting to reorganize the pantry. In addition to storage items that I already had, suc...
  • Weekend Getaway - Nashville, TN
    (SOURCE)         We try to take a weekend getaway every year around our anniversary.  This past weekned we did just that:) Desperate for war...
  • My Real Life Love Story Part 4 - Planning the Wedding
    You can read previous posts abot my love story at the following links :  Introduction  ;   Part 1 – How We Met ;   Part 2 – Getting To Kno...
  • Yard Sale Lamp Revamp
    Remember my $5 yard sale lamp from Friday's post ?  Well, check out what a little bit of trim and and a hot glue gun can do! I found t...
  • Letters to my Babies - Week 22
    We are so thankful for this pregnancy! After sharing our journey through infertilty on the blog, I knew I wanted to log our newfound 40 wee...
  • Fish and Corn Chowder and Cod and Shrimp Stoup
    Rachel Ray has some really easy and exceptional recipes to offer.  Here are two of my favorite one-pot-dishes she's created that I love ...
  • My Story of Surviving Twins with Colic - Ten things I'd say to the mom of a colicky baby......
    1) I understand completely, and I feel for you..... Bringing home a newborn can be exhausting for anyone.  Adjusting to sleep deprivation an...
  • Farmer's Market and Quality Time
    I love a great farmer's market!  I love the freshness of the whole experience. Although he farmer's market is better mid to late sum...
  • The First Saturday of the Month at Goodwill
                      It’s the first Saturday of the month, and do you know what that means?   Well, if you ever shop at Goodwill,you know that ...

Categories

  • 29
  • adoption
  • annie sloans chalk paint
  • anniversary
  • apple orchard
  • autumn
  • awards
  • babies
  • baby
  • banner
  • barstool
  • bathroom
  • beads
  • birth
  • birthday
  • blogging
  • book
  • book pages
  • books
  • bookshelf
  • Boston
  • Brown County
  • buttons
  • California Road Trip
  • candles
  • canisters
  • chair
  • chalk board paint
  • chalk paint
  • chalkboard paint
  • chevron
  • christmas
  • cleaners
  • coffee beans
  • Connecticut
  • conner prairie
  • covered bridge festival
  • craft
  • crafts
  • craigslist
  • crib bumper
  • crib skirt
  • curtains
  • cushion
  • date night
  • day trip
  • decoupage
  • desk
  • DIY
  • Dollar Store
  • door knobs
  • dresser
  • elections
  • fabric
  • fall
  • family
  • featured
  • felt
  • floors
  • flowers
  • food
  • front door
  • front porch
  • furniture
  • giveaways
  • going yellow
  • goo gone
  • goodwill good deal
  • great finds
  • green
  • Halloween
  • headless horseman
  • hiking
  • holidays
  • house
  • husband
  • infertility
  • infertily
  • IUI
  • journal
  • Kennebunkport
  • Kent
  • kitchen
  • lamp
  • lamp shade
  • lamps
  • landscaping
  • letters to my babies
  • Maine
  • marriage
  • Martha's Vineyard
  • Massachussetts
  • maternity pictures
  • Memorial Day
  • mod podge
  • monogram
  • movie
  • movies
  • my job
  • my mom
  • napkin
  • Nashville
  • New England Road Trip
  • new year
  • no-sew
  • nursery
  • one month old
  • organization
  • outdoors
  • paint
  • pantry
  • parenting
  • patriotic
  • photos
  • picnic
  • pillow
  • pregnancy
  • project
  • projects
  • pumpkin patch
  • pumpkins
  • random
  • reading
  • red
  • review
  • rope
  • Safe Haven
  • San Francisco
  • scrapbook paper
  • snow
  • spray paint
  • spring
  • stripes
  • summer
  • table
  • Tennessee
  • three months old
  • tiles
  • TP tubes
  • travel
  • Turkey Run State Park
  • turning 30
  • twins
  • two months old
  • upcycled
  • vacation
  • Valentine
  • vote
  • wall decor
  • wall treatment
  • weekend getaway
  • winter
  • wreath
  • yard sale find

Blog Archive

  • ►  2014 (36)
    • ►  July (21)
    • ►  June (3)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (2)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (1)
  • ►  2013 (45)
    • ►  December (3)
    • ►  November (2)
    • ►  October (5)
    • ►  September (1)
    • ►  August (3)
    • ►  July (1)
    • ►  May (3)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (6)
    • ►  January (1)
  • ►  2012 (89)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  October (7)
    • ►  September (3)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (7)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (11)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (9)
  • ▼  2011 (165)
    • ►  December (18)
    • ►  November (11)
    • ►  October (19)
    • ►  September (12)
    • ►  August (20)
    • ►  July (19)
    • ►  June (19)
    • ►  May (17)
    • ▼  April (12)
      • Ham and Potato Soup
      • Creating A Coffee Filter Lamp.....From A Goodwill ...
      • It's A Goodwill Good Deal ~ $1.50 Center Piece
      • Good Words For Good Friday
      • Achy Legs and A Balanced Life
      • Too Busy To Blog
      • Indiana Weather, My Mother-In-Law and Italian Food
      • Adding Flair To A Boring Lamp Shade
      • South Side Shopping Day
      • It's a Goodwill Good Deal ~ $2 Candelabras
      • Sunday and Monday Dinner ~ Two Meals in One
      • Sheets Turned Into No Sew Window Panels
    • ►  March (10)
    • ►  February (8)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

clark
View my complete profile