absolutely loving my life

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Friday, 19 October 2012

Painting Pumpkins

Posted on 18:30 by clark

 
            In the past, Matt and I have traditionally carved our pumpkins.  And in the past, he has traditionally complained about such a tradition EVERY SINGLE year.  He hates all things pumpkin, and the only reason why he ever carves them with me is because I gave him such grief about it during our first year of marriage. 
         Starting family traditions was a big deal to me when we first got married, especially during the holidays.  The first year we were married, I bought two pumpkins, a pumpkin carving kit, and some yummy fall food in hopes of having a date night carving pumpkins with my love.  Being newly weds, Matt must have not gotten the clue that pumpkin carving was my idea of a date, because he ended up taking a nap while I sat out on the porch carving both pumpkins all by myself.  My feelings were a little hurt that year, so the next year he brought home pumpkins for us to carve together.  He still hates pumpkin carving, but he’s done it with me every year since then. 
           This year, I decided that we would paint pumpkins, so he didn’t have to touch any of the pumpkin guts.  I was a little OCD about the placement of the polka dots though, so what ended up happening is that I painted all of the pumpkins, while Matt sat in the rocking chair eating caramel apples.  I think this new plan worked for us though. As a result, pumpkin painting may end up becoming our new tradition.  I got to express my creative side, which I love doing.   Matt got to eat, which he loves doing. At the end of the night, we still enjoyed one another’s company.  Yep, I’m definitely sensing a new tradition for us;)
 

 
 
 
 






 
 









Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to Facebook
Posted in autumn, date night, fall, husband, marriage, pumpkins | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • DIY No Sew Crib Bumper
    Today I want to share with you how I made no-sew crib bumpers for our twin boy nursery.   Before I begin, I know that bumpers are controvers...
  • 4 Pasta Canisters from Recylcled Target Containers for $4
    As I’ve mentioned in previous blog post, I’ve been attempting to reorganize the pantry. In addition to storage items that I already had, suc...
  • Weekend Getaway - Nashville, TN
    (SOURCE)         We try to take a weekend getaway every year around our anniversary.  This past weekned we did just that:) Desperate for war...
  • My Real Life Love Story Part 4 - Planning the Wedding
    You can read previous posts abot my love story at the following links :  Introduction  ;   Part 1 – How We Met ;   Part 2 – Getting To Kno...
  • Yard Sale Lamp Revamp
    Remember my $5 yard sale lamp from Friday's post ?  Well, check out what a little bit of trim and and a hot glue gun can do! I found t...
  • Letters to my Babies - Week 22
    We are so thankful for this pregnancy! After sharing our journey through infertilty on the blog, I knew I wanted to log our newfound 40 wee...
  • Fish and Corn Chowder and Cod and Shrimp Stoup
    Rachel Ray has some really easy and exceptional recipes to offer.  Here are two of my favorite one-pot-dishes she's created that I love ...
  • My Story of Surviving Twins with Colic - Ten things I'd say to the mom of a colicky baby......
    1) I understand completely, and I feel for you..... Bringing home a newborn can be exhausting for anyone.  Adjusting to sleep deprivation an...
  • Farmer's Market and Quality Time
    I love a great farmer's market!  I love the freshness of the whole experience. Although he farmer's market is better mid to late sum...
  • The First Saturday of the Month at Goodwill
                      It’s the first Saturday of the month, and do you know what that means?   Well, if you ever shop at Goodwill,you know that ...

Categories

  • 29
  • adoption
  • annie sloans chalk paint
  • anniversary
  • apple orchard
  • autumn
  • awards
  • babies
  • baby
  • banner
  • barstool
  • bathroom
  • beads
  • birth
  • birthday
  • blogging
  • book
  • book pages
  • books
  • bookshelf
  • Boston
  • Brown County
  • buttons
  • California Road Trip
  • candles
  • canisters
  • chair
  • chalk board paint
  • chalk paint
  • chalkboard paint
  • chevron
  • christmas
  • cleaners
  • coffee beans
  • Connecticut
  • conner prairie
  • covered bridge festival
  • craft
  • crafts
  • craigslist
  • crib bumper
  • crib skirt
  • curtains
  • cushion
  • date night
  • day trip
  • decoupage
  • desk
  • DIY
  • Dollar Store
  • door knobs
  • dresser
  • elections
  • fabric
  • fall
  • family
  • featured
  • felt
  • floors
  • flowers
  • food
  • front door
  • front porch
  • furniture
  • giveaways
  • going yellow
  • goo gone
  • goodwill good deal
  • great finds
  • green
  • Halloween
  • headless horseman
  • hiking
  • holidays
  • house
  • husband
  • infertility
  • infertily
  • IUI
  • journal
  • Kennebunkport
  • Kent
  • kitchen
  • lamp
  • lamp shade
  • lamps
  • landscaping
  • letters to my babies
  • Maine
  • marriage
  • Martha's Vineyard
  • Massachussetts
  • maternity pictures
  • Memorial Day
  • mod podge
  • monogram
  • movie
  • movies
  • my job
  • my mom
  • napkin
  • Nashville
  • New England Road Trip
  • new year
  • no-sew
  • nursery
  • one month old
  • organization
  • outdoors
  • paint
  • pantry
  • parenting
  • patriotic
  • photos
  • picnic
  • pillow
  • pregnancy
  • project
  • projects
  • pumpkin patch
  • pumpkins
  • random
  • reading
  • red
  • review
  • rope
  • Safe Haven
  • San Francisco
  • scrapbook paper
  • snow
  • spray paint
  • spring
  • stripes
  • summer
  • table
  • Tennessee
  • three months old
  • tiles
  • TP tubes
  • travel
  • Turkey Run State Park
  • turning 30
  • twins
  • two months old
  • upcycled
  • vacation
  • Valentine
  • vote
  • wall decor
  • wall treatment
  • weekend getaway
  • winter
  • wreath
  • yard sale find

Blog Archive

  • ►  2014 (36)
    • ►  July (21)
    • ►  June (3)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (2)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (1)
  • ►  2013 (45)
    • ►  December (3)
    • ►  November (2)
    • ►  October (5)
    • ►  September (1)
    • ►  August (3)
    • ►  July (1)
    • ►  May (3)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (6)
    • ►  January (1)
  • ▼  2012 (89)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ▼  October (7)
      • Autumn in the Park......
      • The Covered Bridge Festival
      • Painting Pumpkins
      • Fall Foliage
      • Conner Prairie's Headless Horseman
      • The Pumpkin Patch
      • A Red Front Door....
    • ►  September (3)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (7)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (11)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (9)
  • ►  2011 (165)
    • ►  December (18)
    • ►  November (11)
    • ►  October (19)
    • ►  September (12)
    • ►  August (20)
    • ►  July (19)
    • ►  June (19)
    • ►  May (17)
    • ►  April (12)
    • ►  March (10)
    • ►  February (8)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

clark
View my complete profile